My personal blog: Chennai - A place with the best people, food and culture badge

Pages

Friday 3 February 2017

Chennai - A place with the best people, food and culture

It was the year 2012 when my college booked a trip to Chennai and we there was a makemytrip offer at that time where we were offered good discounts which is why we booked 3 rooms in Trident hotel from their website. We were offered very good deals and packages and since we all shared the expenses, we had to pay very less compared to paying individually for the same. Chennai is known to be a very hot place but since the hotel atmosphere was completely the opposite. It was quite cool and pleasant to be there. The wind had an awesome energy that made me feel that my decision to be in Chennai was the best as before that, I and my friends had shortlisted many destinations and it was my idea to come to Chennai.

The hotel staff greeted us at the entrance and made us feel very special as they knew we were tourists and we had been visiting Chennai for the first time. The staff introduced the place to us by talking about how it was called Madras before and now it’s named Chennai. They also explained what is the specialty of the place, the different tourist spots and the food that we would enjoy the most as he was aware of what was served in Mumbai and what we would and should try eating in Chennai at their restaurant. I found that quite supportive of them as I had not researched a lot about the place and getting so much information from him was very useful.

The staff was so cooperative that they even made us get the best transport that took us around Chennai and made us witness the amazing tourist spots like the Kapaleeshwara Temple, Fort St. George and Marina beach. We were overwhelmed by the people of Chennai as they made us all feel so special and at any point we needed help, they were ready to guide us. On reaching the hotel, we were so tired that we ordered food in the room itself and I loved the chicken and fish the hotel served. It was very appetizing. The hotel room was spacious and the beds were very soft and comfortable and we were three girls who shared the same bed. I asked the room service for few more pillows for my friends and the staff immediately provided the same.


I did not realize when our stay of 4 days and 3 nights in Chennai ended as we just loved everything over here. The hotel, food, markets, beaches and the tourist spots that we had visited made us go back with a hand full of memories and I wish to visit this place again and book the same hotel Trident.

I am blogging about my luxury stay experience for an activity at BlogAdda in association with MakeMyTrip

No comments:

Post a Comment