My personal blog: The first step in life.... badge

Pages

Friday 6 May 2016

The first step in life....




There couldn't be a better way to express myself and share my journey and Blogadda and Bio Oil has given me the opportunity to relive those 9 months again. Since it has not been so long for me, those memories are still alive within me and even after decades, I wouldn't be able to forget them. It was a mixture of feelings that I went through in those 9 months and here I would like to share them with you all.

1. Getting the good news:

I had missed my date by 2 weeks and I felt that it was just normal. It was when my husband forced me to visit a doctor that I got to know about my pregnancy. The moment when I heard about my pregnancy, I couldn't believe it and there were tons of thoughts that were running through my mind. I was scared for a second and happy the next moment. Scared about how I would manage through these months and would it be very painful; and happy that I will become a mother and give birth to a new life. I went home that day and all congratulated me on hearing the news. It was such a special moment we shared and am emotional one too. My mother hugged me with tears in her eyes, caressed by face and kissed my forehead saying "My baby is going to be a mummy soon." On hearing those words, I teared up myself and that's when all my fear was driven away. All that was on my mind was to have my baby in my arms and love her the way my mom loved me.



2. The first six months:

The first six months were very hard on me as I was in immense pain and I had health issues as well. However, my husband, siblings and mom took care of me everytime and they made sure to never leave me alone. I used to go to gym as well during the first six months so that I and the baby are fit and my husband used to make sure to fulfil all my wishes and make me happy. He had brought many baby prams at home along with baby toys and pictures at home itself so that I did not need to visit a shop instead and he was more excited than me for the baby. Travelling had become a totally NO for me due to the pain and it was tough to walk on steps too. I used to keep measuring my waist length and used to count the days as they passed by. I still remember the day when my baby kicked for the first time and I just ignored the pain with the feeling that my baby was now growing.



3. The wait was getting over:

My date was getting near and I again went through all those emotions once again that I felt when I got my pregnancy news. My husband had already booked a bed in the hospital and the doctor also kept visiting me and checking on my health. When I started getting labor pain, I was rushed to the hospital and after few hours, I saw my baby in the cradle. The nurse handed me my baby and I couldn't stop admiring my child. I kissed its forehead and saw it fast asleep and I finally could call my self a mother. I watched it as it kept moving in my hands and slightly whispered in my baby's ear "I am you mother...Mother" The word is not just a word of 6 letters but it has a deep meaning within it. It's God's gift to us woman which we need to cherish as we bring a new life in this world.









I’m writing about my wonderful journey of pregnancy for the#YummyMummy blogging activity at BlogAdda in association with Marico Bio Oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment