My personal blog: SAP Project #MyInternTheory badge

Pages

Friday 29 April 2016

SAP Project #MyInternTheory

"Don't count your chickens before they hatch" This is a famous saying which has a deep meaning. This applies to me as well as I used to keep considering myself an employee as I was already placed in my company but my professor reminded me that without training, I would not become a permanent employee so soon. This is how my internship program started.

It was my final year and we had to submit a project for my company where I was placed in. The days when I used to everyday travel three hours to the company where I and my three friends used to travel for 3 hours every week for the project as we had been placed in the same company. We were working in a new technology SAP and to get knowledge of this technology itself took us 2 months. A manager of the company guided us a lot and helped us in completing this project. Initially, it was very tough and I never thought I would be able to learn it compared to my other friends who were already getting a hold about the project and its requirements. I started learning about it after college and while completing my studies and this is how I managed to start working on the project.

We started making Excel files as temporary data which had to be combined at a later stage. We divided our work and each one of us made 5 Excel files with 200 entries of people, their contact number, email ID, State and City. When the files were ready, we were taugt how to integrate them in the SAP system and get the final result. We were making many mistakes while doing this and since we had only 1 day in a week, it took us a long time to learn individually how to get the result. When we finally managed to do it on our own, we showed the manager our project dummy file and he immediately approved the same.

Finally, I have an advice for the new interns. I would just like to tell them that these years are really very tough and it just requires one to be dedicated to their studies and have a better concentration in classes as it helps in the preparation of exams. 4-5 months is the max amount of time we get to prepare and it's our test which needs to be done with ease.


This was the first stage of my internship program that helped me as an intern and made me more confident in taking up projects and completing them before time. The SAP project made me life an office life before hand though we did not get a stipend for the job.

I’m sharing my first internship experience for the #MyInternTheory activity at BlogAdda in association with Intern Theory.

No comments:

Post a Comment