My personal blog: My Mowgli Memory badge

Pages

Saturday 2 April 2016

My Mowgli Memory






Why is Jungle Book my favorite cartoon:



Mowgli has been my most favorite character among all cartoons and what's unique about this cartoon is that it shows a young boy among different animals and his struggle to find his identity among them. It was something that attracted me to watch this cartoon among my other favorites like "Tom and Jerry", "Scooby Doobie Doo" and "The Mask". I remember few facts about this cartoon and the song "Jungle Jungle baat chali hai pata chala hai...Chaddi pehenke phool khila hai phool khila hai" was my most favorite songs as it was cute and innocent. I remmeber singing this song all the time while being a school kid and my mom used to stop me from singing it due to the lyrics. The song is so loving that till today I remember it even though it has been almost two decades. I also remember asking my mom what's the meaning of the song and she used to laugh at my question. I had a game too of Jungle Book and I used to keep playing it all the time till it had become my addiction. It was one of my most favorite games like Alladin.



Watching the cartoon:


My school used to leave at 5:00 p.m. and that was the time I couldn't catch up with any of my cartoons and hence before leaving for school at around 11:00 a.m., I used  to catch few episodes of Mowgli where I used to put the song on loud and cheer for him. As he used to fight with Sher Khan, I used to keep saying "Go Mowgli, you can do it" and I used to get completely involved with his character. When the TV used to be off, I used to be stubborn about having my breakfast and lunch and my mom knew that these cartoons only can make me have lunch. Hence she used to put Jungle Book cartoon keep feeding me with the food as my eyes were glued to my TV screen.

A memory:


One such episode I remember about Jungle Book is when Mowgli feels low and asks his mom that he isn't worth anything but his mom gives him courage and the next day while he gets prepared for a competition with another wolf, he remembers her words and uses his weapon to win the competition. That's something I remember among all the episodes.


My three favorite characters:


Mowgli: I loved the character Mowgli as he was so innocent and relatable that I used to live his character as he used to keep running about in the jungle and fighting with Sher Khan.



















Sher Khan: I used to also love Sher Khan's character even though it was a negative one as his voice was so manly and I don't know why but I felt he too liked Mowgli to some extent.

















Bagheera: The best thing about this cartoon is the friendship of Bagheera and Mowgli and the support of his parent wolves who raised him up. Bagheera was very wise and sharp and he used to always give Mowgli tips of how to fight with Sher Khan. If I remember, he was once hurt too and Mowgli looked after him.










The movie:



I am quite excited to watch the move Jungle Book that's going to release on 6th April and it will refresh all my memories of watching this cartoon. I again feel like the same child who used to sit before my TV and smile while watching the cartoon. It's a feeling that cannot be expressed in words. When I heard about the trailer, I soon started surfing the internet to watch it and it brought happy tears to my eyes when I again heard the song and saw Mowgli with his friends.





I’m blogging about #MyMowgliMemory at BlogAdda.

No comments:

Post a Comment