My personal blog: #KhulKeKheloHoli - An unfortunate incident badge

Pages

Wednesday 16 March 2016

#KhulKeKheloHoli - An unfortunate incident





I had got a job after my college got over and it was the first ever time I was going to join an office and start working. I did not want to play holi as the color wouldn't go off and I would look unprofessional and shabby if I had to go in that state to my office, especially because it was the first day and I had to look good and presentable.



At about 9:00 a.m., my friends started calling my name out and I looked from the window waving at them and telling them that I would not come as I had to go to office the next day. They were upset and I went to sleep again. I then heard few laughters and people screaming and enjoying themselves. My mom looked at me and said "You want to go down?" I thought for a while and nodded my head as holi is a festival that is the most enjoyable and fun loving one and I can't bear sitting at home when my friends are enjoying and playing with colors outside. I just forgot about everything and wore a white shirt and pant as Holi is enjoyed the best when the while clothes turn colorful. I ran down with slippers and collected few packets of green and red color in my pockets. I saw my friends were busy targeting the boys of the next building and I put color on their faces while they were distracted. We then started running around and throwing color on each other and laughing.

Everything was going good that morning till the boys from the next building dint come inside our building compound. They came in with pakka color in their hands and some had balloons too which they kept throwing on the girls and unfortunately, one balloon hit my eye due to which I couldn't see anything for 10-12 minutes and I started crying. My friend took me aside and helped me in washing my eyes while the boys were driven away by the watchmen. I managed to open my eye but it was still aching me a lot. My mother put ice cubes and cucumber to make my eye pain reduce and it did help but my eye had turned completely red.

I did not get sleep the entire night and my eye was red the next day as well. I always remember this day as it was a good as well as bad memory for me but I guess that everyone must have had such moments as some people don't take this festival in the right spirit and take advantage of it saying "Bura na mano holi hai." However, using pakka colors and throwing balloons that can hurt a person aren't the right way to play holi. From that day, I always take care of whom I play with and be safe during holi.



I’m pledging to #KhulKeKheloHoli this year by sharing my Holi memories atBlogAdda in association with Parachute Advansed.

No comments:

Post a Comment