My personal blog: A special message for my mom #MemoriesForLife badge

Pages

Thursday 3 March 2016

A special message for my mom #MemoriesForLife

I was 12 years old when I took part in a fancy dress competition and it was my first stage performance. I dressed up in a Navari sari and I had to dance on the song "Haat naka lavu majya sadila". I had learnt few steps which my mom only choreographed for me and I was a bit nervous before my performance. There were many girls who acted on the stage and one girl started crying as she forgot her lines and the crowd kept cheering her up. I was scared thinking that I may too forget my steps and everyone might make fun of me as they think I was good in dance.

I prepared myself and the teachers of mine wished me before my performance on stage. My mom came to me and wished me with a hug and I hugged her tightly. She told me "Best of luck my doll. I know that you will do very well on stage and win the prize. I'm sure as you are talented and today is your day to prove yourself." I replied her saying "I know mom that more than my dream, it's your dream to see me perform on stage. I will surely make you proud." Saying this, I was called to stand in the line and within 10-15 minutes, I had to give my performance.


While waiting for my turn, I saw my mom getting nervous behind the stage. I could see the fright and anxiety on her face and hence I ran towards her and she told me that the music system is not working properly. Since I dint have much time, she told me to myself sing the words of the song as there was no other option. I kept biting my nails as I barely remembered the lyrics of the song and to sing it loudly would be a tough job for me. I dint know what to do and then my name was announced. I took the mic in my hands and said "Welcome one and all. Here my song now." I started dancing and singing the words and the music system suddenly played my song. I looked at my mom and she wished me the best. I completed my performance and after an hour, I was given the third prize for my performance.

It was the first ever best memory of my life which is dedicated to my mom and I thank her for everything she has given me till today. This video is dedicated to you mom "https://memories.hdfclife.com/message/aDCvCneBIEo-3ie56nbIaA=="



Share your #MemoriesForLife like I’ve done at BlogAdda for HDFC Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment