My personal blog: The real meaning of Friendship badge

Pages

Monday 13 April 2015

The real meaning of Friendship

I had a friend in school who was quite reserved and shy. She used to barely interact with other students and even other students never made an effort to walk up to her and interact with her to make her feel comfortable. She was weak in studies and she used to sit in a corner and try to solve mathematics sums and equations on her own and even she used to have a lunch alone by sitting in the class itself while other students used to play around and have their lunch in the canteen.


I was in the fifth grade and was a part of a group. My friends used to not talk to her and when once I asked them about her, they told me to ignore her as she is not their type. The main reason was that she was not good looking and dark skinned and hence other girls used to boycott her because of her looks.

My mother always told me to be friends with everyone and especially with those who feel lonely or who are feeling boycotted as they always need a friend and there isn't any reason to boycott a child without any mistake of hers. This made me walk towards the girl and I shared my lunch box with her. She felt so happy to see me talking to her. I stretched out my hand and asked her to be my friend. This gesture brought a cute smile on her face and she  said that I was the only one who wanted to be friend as she was quite sad that nobody in the class even wanted to share her notes with her. I told her to ignore them as they don't know what friendship means and she was very nice within which was the most important fact.


After this incident, many of my friends asked me as to why I made friends with that girl and she wasn't worth of my friendship and I scolded them saying that they shouldn't be so judgmental and should respect her as she is also a student like they were. It was that day when I listened to my heart and followed my mom's words to always help the people who feel lonely and are boycotted. I made that girl feel special and this was the day when I felt that I can bring a smile on anyone's face with just a small gesture of friendship.


I am participating in the #DilKiDealOnSnapdealactivity at BlogAdda in association with SnapDeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment