My personal blog: A birthday gift badge

Pages

Monday 13 April 2015

A birthday gift

It was my dad's birthday and an occasion which we used to celebrate as a family. Eve though we din't have much money to buy him gifts, my mom used to make sweets and we all used to have a jolly time together.


It was 2012 and I decided to make this day special for my dad and buy him a gift that he would love and it would be useful to him as well. I had just started working and so I could afford to spend some money and buy him a good gift but I could not get what would be a gift that he would love and be happy using it.

My friends recommended me watches, suits, shoes and so on but these were things that would make him happy but may be the gifts may not match his choice and even though I could get him a suit that fits him, he might not like the color and design.

I then kept observing my dad on the weekend and saw what he likes to drink, eat and watch and then noticed a common factor that he used to rest on his chair that could give him the rest and make him feel comfortable. It struck my mind that why shouldn't I gift him a new chair as the one he was using as of now was over 10 years old and he did not replace it as he could get the comfort he wanted.

I then checked the brand and the size of the chair and then placed an order with an online shopping portal. I chose the option to pick up the product instead of getting the product delivered to my residential address as that would spoil my surprise. I placed the order and picked up the product after 3 days. I then wrapped it up and the next day, I presented it to my dad. He was so shocked and happy to see a new chair and he absolutely loved the design and color of the product.


My dad hugged me and there were happy tears in his eyes which made me get emotional. I could see that he wanted to thank me and tell me how much he loved me but that day I had told him how much he meant to me and this was just a small gift or appreciation from my end.

These small gestures can make our parents so happy and I made my dad proud of me that day.


I am participating in the #DilKiDealOnSnapdealactivity at BlogAdda in association with SnapDeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment