My personal blog: #SachchiAdvice that changed my life! #1 badge

Pages

Monday 21 September 2015

#SachchiAdvice that changed my life! #1

It was the time when I had passed out from 12th and was looking out for various opportunities for my career. I wanted to become a Doctor but my marks were less and hence I couldn't get an admission in my preferable college. Hence, I decided to join an Engineering college instead as my percentage was suitable for this stream. Before opting for Engineering, I visited a family doctor who was my mother's best friend. I wanted to seek her advise and guidance before filling the admission form and she being was the right person to approach as she had been an inspiration for me.

The doctor told me that I should not be upset about not getting admission in a Medical college but instead focus and concentrate on my future with regards to being an Engineering student. She told my mom to sit outside while she talks to be about choosing the Engineering stream and she then held my hands and looked at me with a smile on her face.

She asked me "Are you sure about your decision of being an Engineer"

I looked at her and was nervous about her question as I couldn't understand why was she asking me this. I nodded my head and answered "Yes."

She then caressed my face and looked into my eyes asking "I know that you are wondering why am I asking you this. The answer you'll get when you start your course of Engineering. It requires a lot of focus and determination but along with all this, you will need to study a lot."

I smiled and answered "Yes. I'm ready for it doctor. I have managed to cope up with my board exams pretty well and hence Engineering also would be the same for me."

She smiled and said "I know that you must be thinking it's the same feeling as appearing for the tenth and twelfth board exams. However, Engineering is more tough than these board exams you have given so far. You'll not even get the time to prepare as in 10th and 12th, there was a year to prepare for the exams and the subjects too were less while in Engineering, the subjects and the time will be very less. Are you ready to manage this and study hard for it?"

I thought for a while and finally nodded my head as I wanted to join the Engineering stream.


A year later when I thought about my conversation with the Doctor, I realized that her advise was indeed very useful to me. She was making me be mentally prepared for the stream I had chosen and that day I dint get the exact meaning of her words while today I understand that she was making me aware of this even before I got my admission. I always thank her in my mind for making me what I am today.


I am participating in the #SachchiAdvice Contest by MaxLife in Association with BlogAdda.

No comments:

Post a Comment