My personal blog: ShareTheLoad - Now times have changed badge

Pages

Saturday 27 February 2016

ShareTheLoad - Now times have changed





When I was a small kid, I used to see my mother leaving her job and working at home only 24/7. I felt always bad for my mom as she loved going to the court and working but the household responsibilities were too much for her to handle and since we were kids, she had to look after us as well. I felt that it was the case with every women that they are unable to work outside as the housework is itself a fulltime job.


When I started going to office, I had a friend who was married and she too had a young child of 1 year. I felt that her case was the same as my mom but she used to manage to complete her housework early morning and come to office as well. She used to get up at 4:00 a.m. daily, wash the clothes, cook the food for her husband and inlaws, take care of her child and get everything ready for him and then leave for office which was a 2 hours journey by train. By the time she used to reach office, she used to be completely drained and while working, she used to fall asleep as she used to get barely 4-5 hours sleep at home. When I asked her why doesn't she get help from her inlaws or husband, she used to say that since her husband also works at office, he is unable to help her out.



It is the case with all women who are working at home as well as in office and the women need to get everything ready for their husbands and family member. Whether it's picking up a pin from the ground, opening the door, attending the phone calls, washing the ground, cooking the food, getting drinking water and bathing water ready, everything and anything is done only by the mother/women of the house. Since Ariel has proved that the laundry work atleast can be done by the men of the house since their washing money is very easy to operate, the work can be shared by the men itself without needing the guidance of women. This is itself a change brought by Ariel and I hope this can change the gender prejudice that exists since the past 200-300 years among us.


I have already brought this change in my house and my nephews though 5-6 years old get their work done on their own. This was a practise of my mom and she wanted girls and boys share equal responsibilities and not only women to do all the housework. I am proud of her that in our family, we don't have any gender inequalities.



I am joining the Ariel #ShareTheLoad campaign at BlogAdda and blogging about the prejudice related to household chores being passed on to the next generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment