My personal blog: #AdviceThatMattered The best colleague I could ever get badge

Pages

Friday 19 August 2016

#AdviceThatMattered The best colleague I could ever get

I was working in an IT publishing company 2 years ago and it was when I was quite bored with my job as it was getting repetitive to keep doing the same job and it was not a position that would help my career growth. It had been almost 1.5 years that I was working at the same position without any bonus or increment and my colleagues had already moved to another company with a better pay and position and I was stuck in the same position without any help from my manager and team leader and they had made me responsible to train newbies. It was getting miserable for me as I had my own family duties that made me worry a lot. With the increasing commuting rates and taxes, I wondered if leaving the job would be right or not.

My colleague who was working with me since the start of my job and who was my trainer knew about my worries and he was the one to guide me then. He informed me about a higher position opening in the company and told me I should apply for the same. I did not know whether I should apply for this position as many employees had been rejected in the interviews and those who were selected were also finding it tough to complete the training process. It was my trainer who insisted that I apply and he promised to guide me further with my training. I applied for the position and got a call after 2 days for the interview. As it was an internal interview, the questions were not that tough and I managed to clear the exam. After clearing it, the only thing that I remembered and wished was to thank my trainer for his support without which I would not even have the courage to apply for that position.

My trainer then kept making a note of my duties and he was helping me at every step and what help I could not even get from my friends in my office and my manager, I got from him. He was really very kind and he was selfless as he wanted me to achieve my goals and move forward in my career. Whenever I needed references, he was the one to help me out as to which website I need to visit and what software I need to download. He never spoke rudely to me and it's only because of his advice that I've learn to never set back and cry over my fate but instead search for the best opportunities and apply for the same to move forward.


I am blogging about my dreams and the people who helped make them true for the #AdviceThatMattered activity at BlogAdda in association with Stoodnt.

No comments:

Post a Comment