My personal blog: SmellytoSmiley contest Post 2 badge

Pages

Sunday 14 June 2015

SmellytoSmiley contest Post 2

When I talk about the home being odor free and when I think about this concept, the main thing that strikes my mind is the smell and odor of food which sometimes is very pleasing while other times it is not so pleasing and it becomes an issue when the smoke is filled in the entire room while cooking good.


I remember times when my mom starts cooking food and especially spicy vegetables or when she starts cutting onions in the main hall, the entire room starts smelling of those spices and I immediately start coughing and tears start rolling down my cheeks due to the odor. The smell sometimes gets so aweful that I need to stand in the balcony and breath fresh air. I dislike being in the house when my mother fries chillies, the entire room gets filled with smoke and I immediately start coughing to an extent that it gets difficult to even breathe and the smell makes me feel dizzy. It gets tough to avoid this smell but the food needs to be cooked and when guests visit our home, I try to distract them so that they do not concentrate on the smell and the food being cooked inside. My mom does not close the kitchen door as she feels suffocated if she does so and hence she opens the window to make the smoke and smell a bit less but such situations often arise when food is being cooked.

One more instance was when my mom tried to warm a dish she had kept in the refrigerator as it was a dish she had stored since the previous day and when she started warming it, it started stinking a lot and the entire room started sinking as the smell spread all over and I felt like puking due to the strong smell. She had to discard the vegetable but the smell still remained in the room and the only option was to spray perfume in the entire room to make the atmosphere pleasant else I had to only leave the room so that the smell vanishes. Food smells a lot and especially when we make non vegetarian dishes, the smell does not reduce and while cooking it, the odor spreads in the entire room and makes it suffocating.

To make the house odor free and make it smell pleasant, we only spray perfume or use an air freshener but it gets tough to do so everytime as I have an allergy towards fragrances and I need to find a better option t keep the room smell pleasant.


I am blogging for #SmellyToSmiley activity atBlogAdda.com in association with Ambi Pur

No comments:

Post a Comment